Sunday, June 17, 2012

Vacation Treasury Theme Winner - Petrina Blakely

Here's our treasury theme contest winner for the vacation theme!  Petrina Blakely from Kauai Hand Painted Clothes
 
Please show this wining treasury some love by leaving comments and favoring it!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTczNjM4NTd8MjcyMjg5MzE1OA/vacay 

We asked Petrina to share her thoughts on treasuries.  Here it is...

I am a 30 year resident of Kaua'i - immigrated across the moat from California. I come from a family of hobby artists - my grandmother painted scenic art in Tahiti where she lived and my father dabbled in water colors. I have been creating wearable art for 20 years inspired both by my love of whimsical, tropical art and clothes.

Treasury inspiration comes to me in different ways - once was my husband asking me how to spell plumeria, others have come from looking at different treasuries and thinking of word play such as the one I did on pitchers. I am working on one right now from cleaning up my yard yesterday that will revolve around palms... Inspiration comes from life, much of it from living in paradise!

I have come to look at treasury making as my guilty pleasure. I love to shop, vicariously or otherwise and can find so many wonderful items on Etsy alone. I also delight in putting together colors and objects. I aim to find and create levity wherever I can to lighten up my daily life and figure if it puts a smile on my face it will hopefully do the same for someone else.

Creating treasuries has helped me discover stores that I would never have looked for otherwise. In doing so I've made some wonderful virtual friends and connections. It is so awesome to have Etsy available as a 24/7 craft fair store with items from around the world. I think it is an amazing resource. It has become a favorite place for me to shop as well as to market my clothing - I still have a lot to learn and do not consider my shop to be a success yet but I truly believe in Etsy as a fantastic mode of marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment